Wednesday 9 November 2011

The Most Ridiculously Over-Edited Photo Competition

I read a really informative blog post from Mammasaurus (I know, who would have thought she could be informative as well as hilarious) about the FREE photo editing website Picnik. I had discovered it's remarkable capabilities a few months ago and have spent many a happy hour playing with the effects and creating a hopefully memorable image from a snap on my mobile phone. (Feel free to have a wander through the archives and admire my excellent photography and talented writing style. Or not.) You can upgrade on Picnik, with a monthly subscription to enable you to load more photos in one go and access some more advanced features, but so far I have 'made do' with its standard set of image enhancing settings and got some hilarious, and stunning effects out of it.

Yesterday in twitterland, I set a challenge to Mammasaurus, Motherventing and Bluebirdsunshine to see who could use the most effects on one photo and to post the results today. Not being the competitive type *ahem* this is just a bit of fun but you absolutely have to go and see their efforts creations and come back here and tell me that mine are the 'best'! Okay?

So the brief: See how many processes, effects, stickers and text can you use in one photo using only Picnik.

Hahahahaha.

So from this original, straight from the pocket camera shot:



To this:


I used Heatmap Infrared, Gooify, Posterize and Adjustable Threshold. You can literally overlay one process on top of another to build up surreal images.

Then a different set of effects:


For this image I used used Hypnotic, Boost, Vignette, HDRish and then, for good measure, Ortonish.

Finally, one last little play with a few more effects:


For this one I used 1960's, Seasonal Space Textures, and Amalia Scissored and Solar System stickers.

Obviously Picnik can be used in a little less extreme way to adjust exposure on your snaps, improve the colour balance and if you subscribe you can edit our those annoying little blemishes too as well as gaining many more effects to use. It is seriously easy to use so go and have a play. If you want to join in with this little bit of fun, link up your entries into the Most Ridiculously Over-Edited Photo Competition in the comments section below.

Who knows, this could start a regular linky!

UPDATE: A new linky there shall be. Have a look here.



16 comments:

  1. Mahahhahahahahaha I'm not sure ALL your entries can be counted, as AMAZING as they are... And they actually look rather good, so you obv have some artistic flair, whereas mine... is just a disaster area.

    Hmm these are good. Almost TOO good... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, the clouds one is very trippy. Like, like, like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, effects can make pictures so much more interesting and dramatic. My friend recommended Picnik to me once, and I spent a lot of time playing there too :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://wp.me/p1EQng-R4 there you go - there's my meagre offering . Your's looks rather cool! Love that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right here you go - the battle is on - mine is photoshop although I did cheat as it's a very old picture so I didn't just wizz it up today. What can I say - I'm a rebel (so pleased you can't see my drinking hot chocolate in pink fluffy slipper).

    http://1978rebecca.blogspot.com/2011/11/editing-photographs-fairy-magic.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. Your final one looks almost biblical! I have joined in too - http://melkshammum.blogspot.com/2011/11/most-ridiculously-over-edited-photo.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I have used PicNik before (for my blog header) but had no idea at all you could do so much with it. Fab, Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the entries!
    By popular demand (I'm looking at you, Actually Mummy) I'm going to start a linky *stands back to let everyone cheer* yes a linky!
    Watch this space x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ladies are deliciously bonkers and all of yours and the other pics are fab!! I'm always messing about on photoshop and picnik, but mainly for work, I just wish I had the time to send in a pic for this happy little comp.... maybe over the weekend if you do a linky???....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Picnik too! Great edits!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Decide the lens material of the glasses. Polycarbonate lenses are a better quality womens sunglasses replace

    ReplyDelete

  12. Therefore, before you head off to get your designer http://www.cheaptap.co.uk/bathroom-sink-taps-c-15.html, you should first be informed of the more dependable brands vacant. In this method, you will not get cheated by imitations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family.
    Bathroom Sink Faucets

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have bookmarked your blog, the articles are way better than other similar blogs.. thanks for a great blog!
    Bathroom Sink Taps

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful. https://ephotovn.com/model-retouching-service/

    ReplyDelete

Oooh, I do like a good comment :-)